Version 126.96.36.199 (Released May 26th, 2008)
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released May 26th, 2008)
- Feature: FolderSizes now provides an integrated task scheduling facility. This tool makes it much easier to schedule file system analysis operations through the FolderSizes command line interface by wrapping it with an intuitive graphical user interface and interoperating directly with the Windows scheduling system.
- Feature: Added several new switches to the File Reports section of the options window. These switches allow users to disable file owner lookup operations for the largest, oldest, and duplicate file reports individually. Doing so can increase the speed of file report generation operations considerably, especially when scanning remote (network) file systems.
- Feature: Improved the speed at which File Reports are shown upon completion of scanning operations.
- Feature: Improved memory utilization for a variety of reporting scenarios. This is particularly noticeable when performing larger-scale File Report analyses with the duplicate file report enabled. In many such cases, memory use has been reduced by roughly 60%.
- Feature: Introduced a file owner lookup caching mechanism that can help speed the generation of certain types of reports (especially on subsequent reporting runs within the same session). By default, file ownership lookups will be cached for remote (network) paths only, with a maximum memory allocation of 2048 Kb. These values, as well as the enabling / disabling of the cache entirely, can be changed in the Scanning section of the options window.
- Feature: Vastly increased the scalability of Duplicate File report export operations; export file generation now uses much less system memory.
- Feature: Allocated file / folder size computations now better handle sparse files (which are often generated by HSM and archiving software solutions).
- Feature: Added "allocated" file size columns to largest, oldest, and temporary report detail views.
- Feature: The "largest", "oldest", and "temporary" file reports - as well as the search facility result listing - now honor the folder and file attribute color defined in the "detail view" section of the options window.
- Feature: Switching visual application themes (via the View menu) no longer requires a re-start. The option to use a "traditional" visual theme (as opposed to the default "modern" theme) is now also presented in the welcome wizard.
- Feature: Added a "filename only" match option to the duplicate file report generation window. The duplicate file report master / detail view was also modified to accommodate this change (e.g. the file size column was moved from the master view to the detail view, since duplicates can now differ in size when using "filename only" matching mode).
- Feature: The duplicate report HTML output format was improved significantly; it's now much more readable, and makes better use of available space. It also produces smaller HTML files that open faster within a web browser.
- Feature: Numerous other user interface enhancements, including improved (themed) button appearance, etc.
- Feature: The license reminder dialog window will no longer appear when launching FolderSizes via the command line during the default evaluation period (unless the trial period has expired). This allows for a more thorough evaluation of command line / scheduling features prior to licensing FolderSizes.
- Feature: FolderSizes now maintains a more consistent and accurate internal analysis data cache. Deletion of files and folders from within the main detail view no longer invalidates the entire cache (thereby forcing a re-scan of previously viewed file system nodes). Further, such removals are now immediately reflected in parent folders during navigation operations.
- Feature: The search window status bar now also shows cumulative search result file size (in addition to existing file count), and has a new (more performant) update mechanism.
- Feature: The Filter Options tab of the scan filter window has been updated to better reflect the various filter criteria exposed through the remaining tabs.
- Bug fix: Tooltips were not showing properly for all bar graph items when the view was scrolled.
- Bug fix: The "space consumed" indicator of the duplicate file report was not being updated when duplicate files were deleted.
- Bug fix: Resolved a minor visual glitch that would appear when un-pinning the folder browser window.
- Bug fix: The right-click context menu for the Temporary Files Report was not working correctly. This has been resolved.
- Bug fix: In the search results list, it was not possible to right-click a file and "Explore Folder". This has been fixed.
- Bug fix: It was not possible to navigate amongst FolderSizes search results by typing the first letters of a file name on the keyboard. This has been resolved.
- Bug fix: Resolved a numeric overrun that occurred when drilling down into the default "4GB+" file size report detail view entry.